There is no doubt that chocolate chip cookies are very popular and if you want to make them, you need a chocolate chip cookie recipe you can trust. There are many different types of recipes ranging from easy to advances. Choosing the right chocolate chip cookie recipe for you is not always easy, but if you can narrow down your selection it will become easier.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe | Choosing the Best “from Scratch” recipe
Searching the internet for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe is a great way to find a variety of recipes. Some of these recipes will include ingredients other than those featured in a typical recipe. You may run across a few oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipes that you can use if you are looking for a different texture and flavor out of your cookies.
Two of the Most Popular Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Whether you are trying to make a large batch of cookies for a party or you are just making them to have around the house, these two recipes will give you delicious cookies every single time. Before we get into the recipes, it is important to understand that they are just a guide. You can add extra things to your cookies or replace ingredients with alternatives for dietary needs. However, if you follow these recipes to a “T” you will get amazing cookies for everybody to enjoy.
An Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (Difficulty Level: Easy/Beginner)
Ingredients for Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups cake mix (all-purpose flour can be substituted)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups sugar (alternative sweeteners and sugars can be substituted)
- Pinch of sea salt or Kosher salt
1. Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees (keep in mind not all ovens are the same and you may need to make an adjustment depending on your oven. If you are unsure, use a meat thermometer to check the temperature before baking your cookies)
2. Soften the butter and add the brown and regular sugar
3. Add the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and thoroughly combine these ingredients
4. Add both eggs and the vanilla mixing enough to combine all ingredients again
5. In another bowl mix the cake mix (or flour), baking soda, and salt
6. Add the dry mixture to the large mixing bowl, slowly as you beat with a mixer
7. Gently add the chocolate chips while stirring with a spoon until the batter is evenly mixed
8. Spray a cookie sheet or baking pan lightly with no stick cooking spray
9. Place rounded tablespoons of the batter evenly separated on the cookie sheet
10. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown at 375 degrees
11. Make sure to watch your cookies set a timer, and DO NOT overcook
This is a great chocolate chip cookie recipe from scratch that you can use for any occasion. It will yield between 10 and 12 cookies depending on the size. Remember, if you choose to make smaller cookies, you can use a teaspoon of batter, but they will cook much faster. You can also choose to make larger cookies with two tablespoons of batter, but these will take longer to cook fully. A good chocolate chip cookie recipe is flexible.
A Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Another choice for your cookies is to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. These are a bit different in texture and flavor from the regular cookies and they can be a little bit healthier. Here is a great chocolate chip cookie recipe to help you make the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients for your Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 11.5 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or rock salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or another sweetener
- 2 sticks unsalted butter or butter substitute
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour, not sifted
- 2 large eggs left out until at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Start by pre-heating your oven to 375 degrees if you are using regular pans. However, if you are using non-stick baking pans you will want to lower the temperature to 350 degrees. Mix butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, baking soda, vanilla, oats, and cake flour. Mix thoroughly with a mixer until fully mixed. Work in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
Now, create balls of dough about the size of a golf ball and drop them onto the baking pans. Leave 2 inches in between each of the balls of dough, as the cookies will spread as they cook. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful not to overcook. Take cookies out and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes, and then remove from pan with a metal spatula. Recipe will yield about 5 dozen cookies.
These are two great recipes for chocolate chip cookies and they are both very different. The best thing is you can adjust the ingredients, add a variety of nuts, add butterscotch chips, or anything else you desire. If you are trying to make the best cookies for your party or just to have around the house, then consider using a recipecow.com chocolate chip cookie recipe.